May 09, 2009

Dating...Is it the hair?

The biggest obstacle in my life is the overcritical thought process of myself. People say my bald look is beautiful and I believe I am beautiful. However, I still fight with stupid analysis of personal "flaws".

I started thinking about how I haven't been on a date in a year. Then, I quickly blamed it on being bald and the difference between acceptance and attraction. The thoughts quickly spiraled into despair. It's amazing how much easier it is to lie in despair, which is harder on the body, then to embrace hope for the future.

The bald card is a simple excuse. When in reality, the right circumstances have just not come together. Do I want someone to fall in love with my wig or with my personality? My brushed-in eyebrows or my intelligence? My fake eyelashes or my zeal for life?

I am so thankful for the way in which Alopecia has empowered my walk. Next time I hope to be less critical of my looks and more captivated by the challenge that lies ahead.

1 comments:

Galloway Fam said...

I love reading your blog. My 7 year old daughter has alopecia & reading your blog has been great for me. Thanks for sharing your life with everyone. BTW, we are on alopeica world too. Danielle & Lilly