November 19, 2006

Blessed Questions

The time came to ease the concerns of some of the youth that I worked with at Church. At one of the gatherings, I brought up the obvious fact that my hair was thinning and I went on to describe the cause of the hair loss. They respectfully listened to the story as I awkwardly fumbled through the details.

The talk was not motivational on how God was making me better through the experience of hair loss. I did not yet know how God would work through me, but the youth group's response was much needed. They asked serious, silly, and indeed blessed questions. For some reason I needed to be accepted by this group and they gave me more than that. They helped me realize that because I had waited so long to disclose why my hair was falling out that they were just deeply concerned. Now with the facts revealed they were at ease and supportive of my new look. I hope one day I can share with teens that our image is deeper than physical appearance and that we are the image of God.

0 comments: