November 12, 2006

Hiding

I cannot hide it anymore. Looking back I wish I would not have been so distressed over trying to hide my hair loss. With Alopecia Areata Universalis there is a point where the balding can no longer be hidden. In my journey, I messed up when I tried to keep the condition a secret. All my life covering small bald spots was not a problem. In a state of denial, I thought I could hide the balding this time as well.

Little did I know that those around me were beginning to talk and wonder the cause of the hair loss. Then I received an email that jettisoned me into reality. Here's an excerpt:

"I just wanted you to know that I was thinking of you and praying for you. If you're like me, you like to keep things as private as possible, and I respect that. I don't mean to read into anything what's going on, and I hope you don't feel like I am. ....you're in my thoughts and prayers."

I still do not know the reason why I tried to hide from those who are so dear to me. I am just so thankful for their understanding.

0 comments: